Central Processing Technician (Full Time / Eves)
- Job Ref:
- 1035 116th Ave NE, Building 2 West Tower Basement, Bellevue, WA 98004
- Sterile Processing
- Evening Shift
Welcome to a medical center where you're the center of attention.
Pay range:$21.37 - $34.62
Overlake Hospital is seeking a Central Processing Technician for the Sterile Processing Department. The Central Processing Technician will be responsible for the technical functional tasks involved in the decontamination, assembly, packaging, and sterilization of all reprocessed items and equipment, including full surgical instruments trays. Additionally, the Central Processing Technician will be responsible for developing and maintaining systems and projects under the direction of the shift supervisor.
Schedule: Full Time / Evening Shift
Qualifications for Central Processing Technician:
- Education should include the equivalent of completion of High School level studies and Surgical Processing Technician Course completion strongly preferred.
- Must obtain CRSCT certification within one year of hire date.
- Preferred one year or more demonstrated competence and experience in a comparable position in another health care institution.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, in the English Language.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of the principles and theory relating to decontamination and sterilization procedures.
- Ability to learn identification and proper handling of surgical instrumentation and to assemble full surgical instrument trays, surgical power equipment, and scopes.
- Ability to perform all routine tasks/duties in the Surgical Processing, without direct supervision.
- Ability to assist and support new personnel during their training period.
- Demonstrated ability and initiative in performance of non-routine tasks/projects, without direct supervision.
- Physically capable of standing and walking for long periods of time. Ability to lift instrument sets weighing approximately 30 pounds.
Qualifications for Certified Central Processing Technician:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Current Certified Registered Central Service Technician (CRCST), or Certified Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution (CBSPD) is required.
- One year of sterile processing experience in a acute care hospital setting preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, in the English Language. Thorough knowledge and understanding of the principles and theory relating to decontamination and sterilization procedures required. Detailed knowledge of identification and proper handling of surgical instrumentation and assembly of full surgical instrument tray, surgical power equipment, and scopes also required.
- Frequent periods of walking and standing. Exposure to and contact with disinfectants, cleaning agents, and sterilants. Work is performed in a clean, climate-controlled, well-lit environment.
Why join Overlake?
We're proud to offer benefits that support you in every stage of your career and life. But it's our inspirational culture that truly sets us apart.
- Local, visible leaders who care about you.
- A values-based work environment.
- An active Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Council.
- Medical insurance premiums as low as $0 per month.
- Many Overlake services covered at 100%.
- Tuition reimbursement up to $10,000 per year.
- Traditional and Roth IRA retirement savings plans with 5% to 7% matching and immediate vesting.
- An expanded Employee Assistance Program.
- A caregiver support program to help with everything from childcare to eldercare.
- Free parking and Orca transit passes.
If this sounds like an environment where you'll thrive, we'd love to hear from you.
How much will this job pay?
Posted pay ranges represent the entire pay scale, from minimum to maximum. For jobs with more than one level, the posted range reflects the minimum of the lowest level and the maximum of the highest level. Some positions also offer additional pay based on shift, certifications or degrees. Job offers are determined based on a candidate's years of relevant experience, level of education and internal equity.