Nurse Technician - Float Pool (Days)
- Job Ref:
- 1035 116th Ave NE, Building 2 Surgical Pavilion 2nd Floor, Bellevue, WA 98004
- Certified Nursing Assistant
- Day Shift
Welcome to a medical center where you're the center of attention.
Pay range:$19.78 - $29.68
The Nursing Technician (NT) is a nursing student licensed under chapter 18.79.350 RCW, who is currently enrolled in good standing in a nursing program approved by the commission and has not graduated.
The Nursing Technician provides direct patient care to patients and their families under the supervision of a Registered Nurse, not independently. “Direct supervision” means that the licensed Registered Nurse is on the premises, is quickly and easily available, and that the patients have been assessed by the licensed Registered Nurse prior to the delegation of nursing duties to the Nursing Technician. The Nursing Technician follows the scope of practice as defined in WAC’s and facility standards.
This is a 0.6 FTE, 12-hour day shift position on the Float Pool unit.
- High school graduate and completion of at least one clinical quarter of documented nursing training required. Competency will be verified during orientation via competencies and skills checklist. Maintains requirements to qualify for employment as a Nurse Technician (NT). Must provide documented evidence of current enrollment and satisfactory completion of required clinical quarters in a nursing education program approved by the state board of nursing on commission in the state in which the program is located. Must provide written documentation of current level of education preparation and his/her knowledge and skills. Must remain in good standing with nursing program and provide proof at the end of every term.
- Registered with the Washington State Nursing Commission as a Nursing Technician is required. BLS Health Care Provider CPR Certification also required.
- Knowledge of medical terminology. Computer familiarity is preferred. Knowledge and handling of hospital equipment, record keeping preferred. Ability to read, write and speak in the English language.
- Exposure to and contact with soaps, sterilants, body substances
*Candidates who have not yet completed their first clinical rotation have the option to start as Patient Care Technician and later transition to a Nursing Technician.
*Nurse Tech Pay Rate: $24.75/hour*
Why join Overlake?
We're proud to offer benefits that support you in every stage of your career and life. But it's our inspirational culture that truly sets us apart.
- Local, visible leaders who care about you.
- A values-based work environment.
- An active Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Council.
- Medical insurance premiums as low as $0 per month.
- Many Overlake services covered at 100%.
- Tuition reimbursement up to $10,000 per year.
- Traditional and Roth IRA retirement savings plans with 5% to 7% matching and immediate vesting.
- An expanded Employee Assistance Program.
- A caregiver support program to help with everything from childcare to eldercare.
- Free parking and Orca transit passes.
If this sounds like an environment where you'll thrive, we'd love to hear from you.
How much will this job pay?
Posted pay ranges represent the entire pay scale, from minimum to maximum. For jobs with more than one level, the posted range reflects the minimum of the lowest level and the maximum of the highest level. Some positions also offer additional pay based on shift, certifications or degrees. Job offers are determined based on a candidate's years of relevant experience, level of education and internal equity.